When to use switch instead of if statements? When to Use if instead of switch statements?
When to use switch instead of if statements?
- If your code needs to compare many possible conditions of an expression where the expression itself is non-trivial.
- If your code contains many values that may need the same code.
- If your code contains some values that essentially require all of another value's execution, only including few statements.
When to Use if instead of switch statements?
- If you are testing the truthiness of an expression.
- If your code only has a single confirming test.
- If you code requires to evaluate a different expression for every branch.