Partial View in ASP.NET Core MVC
A partial view is a view that is rendered within another view. Partial views are an effective way of breaking up large views into smaller components. They can reduce duplication of view content and allow view elements to be reused.
Steps of creating Partial View in MVC
- Create a new project
- Goto web application, Select MVC.and provide the project name.
- Now,goto solution explorer and open Views
- Right click on Views and select Add and goto view option.
5. Give View name and tick the partial view option.
6. Give View name and tick the partial view option.
There is difference between views and partial views, and the difference is more about their usage, rather than technical.
View is meant to be used as full page of your application, it needs layout,
<title>. Partial views are more like reusable parts of other views. Partials do not represent full pages, they are inserted into other views.
From technical point of view,
return View("SampleView"); renders view including layout page, and returning that same view by
return PartialView("SampleView"); renders contents, but omits contents of layout page.
Features of partial View:
1. It will be light weighted and fits into any view
2. This will be used as a reusable component.
3. Partial view is rendered inside another View(parent view or page).