TED-Ed: Lessons Worth Sharing
What is TED-Ed?
TED-Ed is the “lesson-creator“ platform that allows users to take any useful educational video, and easily create a customized lesson around the video. TED-Ed is TED’s youth and education initiative. TED-Ed helps to share the ideas of teachers and students around the world. TED-Ed serves millions of teachers and students around the world every week. TED-Ed is one award winning platform which has grown form an idea.
Users can distribute TED-Ed lessons, privately or publicly, and track their impact on the world. TED-Ed can be accessed free with full of educational videos on a variety of general education topics. There are not only motivational speakers on TED, there are also topical videos, often less than ten minutes with full of important information.
What TED-Ed does?
- They turn teacher’s best lessons into high quality animated videos and share them online, for free.
- TED-Ed programs help to empowered the people. To empower people they developed two dynamic programs TED-Ed clubs and the TED-Ed Educator Program.
- TED-Ed connects the world with big ideas and connects with each other.
Types of Lessons
There are three public TED –Ed lesson types. They are:-
- TED-Ed Animations: TED-Ed animations feature the ideas of educators brought to life by professional animators.
- TED Talk Lessons: There is a very selective process for TED speakers. You can often find the speaker’s footnotes, if you access the original talk page on TED.com.
- TED-Ed Best of Web: These are lessons created by TED-Ed user by using an existing video found on YouTube.
Additionally, we can create a private lesson on TED-Ed featuring any video found on YouTube from TED.com.
How to access TED-Ed?
To access TED-Ed you need to follow some steps:-
Step 1: First of all go to webpage http://ed.ted.com
Step 2: Click on Register
Step 3: Then enter your information or sign up with Facebook account.
Step 4: Click on Create your account button.
Step 5: Check the confirmation email in your inbox.
Step 6: Open email.
Step 7: Click the link in the body of email.
Step 8: TED-Ed appears in a new window or tab.
Step 9: Click the continue button.
Step 10: Choose Teacher, Subject and age group.
Step 11: Click on continue to Ted-Ed button.
Why TED-Ed is necessary?
TED-Ed is necessary because smart and empowered people make the world happier, better and safer place. Ted-Ed brings TED Talks and YouTube video into the classroom with online quizzes, discussions forums and more.TED-Ed spread the knowledge and opportunities to everyone, everywhere for free of cost.